Monday, April 9, 2012

Blog #58 - Refill

I was listening to Pandora the other day and I happened upon this Elle Varner song called Refill. Love the song. It's about how this chick is really into this guy and compares him to being drunk and how she needs a refill and he's intoxicating. A few men I've dated have popped into my head. Then...I saw the video. The video is LIFE. It reminded me of my time with Jay from Chicago. Only the video was along the lines of one night and ours was about 3 days. Same principle, though. Just stretch the timing out.

In playing this song, I kinda realized that although I've been kicking it with Mike for about a year...I'm kinda not getting that intoxicated feeling from him. There isn't a pressing need to want to be with him. Sometimes I do miss him because we sort of fell into the mechanics of a potential relationship...but I kinda feel like if we stopped talking, it wouldn't be a devastating thing. It would be more like "Well, I need to go use these coupons before they expire on Friday". I don't know if I should want or expect butterflies all of the time in a relationship (in general, not specifically with Mike)...I feel like I should want to feel butterflies and be excited all the time. Who knows. Anyways, it's late. I'm gonna go.

"Can I get a refill of your touch. 'Cause you're intoxicating my mind, feeling like a conversational lush. 'Cause I don't know how much is too much. I feel like the girl who's been at the bar way too long. Can't stand up..."

No comments:

Post a Comment