Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blog #8 - Angel Standing By...

I haven't blogged in a minute and while I had a happy go lucky update, I woke up to some sad news and have decided to dedicate this post to the memory of Mike, one of my favorite brothers of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. at the Iota "Death" Rho Chapter.

I met Mike at a Meet the Greeks, probably in Fall 2003...maybe even before...but definitely at least Fall 2003. One of the sweetest guys I've met. I wish I had my old camera because I know I had some pics of him on there with Lucky and Mike the Remix. Mike eventually became my "chapter Alphas" due to the revival at Seton Hall and even though there were brothers at SHU, he was always still around. My heart is saddened at the news and the loss of not just a fellow Greek, but a compadre.

To the brothers of Iota Rho - I know that no words will soothe the pain that you feel, but please know that my heart goes out to you in your time of need. Please know that Mike is now an angel, looking upon you all with pride and joy.

I dedicate this song to Mike, Nia and Iota Rho.

No comments:

Post a Comment