Monday, March 7, 2011

Blog #45 - To My Line Brother Jari-yon Negron

I had a funky ass blog to write today - but then at 4:25, I got some gutwrenching news that I prayed wasn't true. But sadly it was confirmed. You passed away in Japan and I'm going crazy trying not to think about it, but it's all I can think of. It's consuming my brain - everything from when we were online to our conversation about 2 weeks ago and how excited we both were that you were going to be coming home soon from the Navy and how we would party it up and how you would come see Tee's baby and just the good times that we were gonna have when you got back to NY. Now, you're coming home to a soldier's funeral. And it fucking sucks. I know that you're in a better place and all of that - but it still fucking sucks. You haven't even been confirmed as deceased for 3 hours and all I can think about is how, when we were online, you used to call trying to use the sexy, deep Barry White voice when you were all of freshly 18...but it always got a laugh out of me. I remember hanging out in NY - just being neos, running around the city like we lost our gatdamn minds. I remember when Justy got branded and how you were yelling about how you wanted some bacon...because that's what being branded sounds like - sizzling bacon. I was looking foward to reminiscing and building new memories with the rest of our line upon your return home and then celebrating when Migz came back home from the Navy - but now I have are these memories that I will forever hold close to my heart. I never thought I would have to think about this so early in life - you were only 26 - but they say the good die young...and LB, you were great. I will miss you forever.

To my line sisters and line brothers - our pain will linger, but love and our memories of our dear line brother will overcome all of the pain and allow us to live our lives as if Jari was here. The Joker would want it that way, and you know it. It hurts now, but together, we will overcome. As Jari once told me during that great semester of Spring 2003 "SPRING 2003 DOES NOT BREAK LINE AND WE WILL STAY STRONG". I'm struggling to do so...but I'm gonna try for you, LB.

God, I know you needed Jari with you, so I just ask that You let him know that we miss him terribly and that we will see him when we get up there. Jari...you are now our Angel standing by. I love you.

RIP B5 - Jari-yon "The Joker" Negron
September 13, 1984 - March 7, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LS! Made me start crying again but made me laugh too! Oh Jari & his "sexy" voice LOL! I will miss hearing his voice again but I will cherish our memories. Stay Strong Line!

    MUch Love Always,
    A4 Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss sweetie. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete