Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blog #2 - Toxic Friends

You have one. We all have at least one. Someone that we would put in the good friend category, too. You know. . .that one friend that is always in need of something (normally money [on an all the flipping time basis. . .not just your standard "lemme bum $20 til tomorrow" and you know they're good for giving it back. I'm talking like $50 and up], your car, credit card. . .something majorly financial ALL THE TIME) but as soon as you need, them. . .they're gone like the damn wind. You can't get a hold of them to save your life. If all you needed was to give someone a dollar to keep them from shooting you. . .you'd be a dead damn duck. Or, the one that just keeps pulling you down no matter what. You know him. . .you get a new job with more money and all he talks about is how much later you're going to stay at work. Or, that other one who always has to one-up you. You say you're going to England and not only have they been to England 3 times, they have an apartment out there that they use when they visit and don't sublet it so it sits empty until they feel like going and they've seen Her Majesty walking the streets of good ol' London. Then there's the one who ALWAYS makes it about them. You start talking about how horrible your day was because of that project that you have to do and right in the middle of your sentence, she comes with "Yeah, I had a crappy day too. Today I had blah blah blah blah and then yadda yadda yadda". Even Debbie Downer is toxic. Why? Because there is never a good moment with them. It's all sadness and misery and woe is me. It's the never ending pity party. Even their sleeping is horrible.

WHO THE FUCK NEEDS THESE PEOPLE!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE TOXIC!!! RID YOURSELF OF THEM!!!

I, myself, have some toxic friends. Me, you ask yourself? Why yes. . .I do. Only, I just realized that they are toxic and guess what. 2010, I'm done. You should be to. Contrary to popular belief, these "friends" are doing nothing to enhance your life and the sad thing is. . .they don't even know they're toxic to you. You try and try to befriend them and let them do what it is that they do while trying to maintain a healthy balance in the relationship, but guess what. Everyone has a breaking point. I don't know where yours is, but I have officially reached mine. No more Ms. Nice Lady. Say hello to the No-Girl.

No, I unfortunately don't have any money for you (unless I offer to take you out). Your phone bill is not in my budget this time. I won't bring up my new job. . .but don't ask me to help you get one where I work. After all, you wouldn't want to stay late to do the extra work, would you? You've been to England 3 times and have an apartment out there? Cool. . .let me stay there or at least recommend places for me to eat. Oh, you can't? Shut the hell up. You wanna tell me how your day was. . .go right on ahead. Don't be surprised if I tell you I have to call you back, though. You wanna be Debbie Downer and throw yourself a pity party every month of the day? Go right ahead, my love. Don't put me on the guest list, though because I'm not coming. I refuse to poison my mind!!!

How about you, friend? How many toxic friends do you have in your life? Do you plan to do something about it or are you just going to suck it up and take the L. . .again and again and again. Can your mind handle it in the new year? You sure?

As much as I'm sure people would like to say "You're being a horrible friend" or "That's what you're supposed to do as a friend" to me (and I'm sure there's quite a few of you out there that would). . .DO NOT judge me until you walk in my shoes and deal with the toxic people in my life. DO NOT.

If you are planning to rid your world of the toxic people in your life, I wish you well! If you plan on sticking around. . .I wish you well, too. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

In the paraphrased and slightly changed words of that great girl group TLC (R.I.P. Left Eye): GOOD BYE, GOOD BYE TO ALL THE TOXIC PEOPLE IN MY LIFE. I NO LONGER WANT YOU AROUND ME SO BE ON YOUR WAY NOW."

These are just my thoughts, so. . .it is what it is, folks. This is how I feel at 8:22pm on January 4, 2010. I might not feel like this tomorrow. This is what crossed my mind today.

Love, Peace and Hair Grease!

Sidebar: upcoming blog topic - Stranger Bitches (phrase copywritten to BEE318TI as he is the first and only person I have heard use this phrase ever). If you have a blog idea. . .let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment