Monday, May 24, 2010

Blog #13 - Current Songs on Rotation

So, I put some new songs on my iPod (which is cleverly named Music of the Soul...lol) and I thought I'd share them with you along with the chorus. Songs really can speak for you. For some reason, I don't know why all of these songs deal with heartbreak and pain and shit like that, but whatever...that's beside the point. Besides...I didn't ask you for your facts and examples, anyways.

Maxwell - Fistful of Tears
I go insane/Crazy sometimes/Trying to keep you from losing your mind/Open your eyes/See what's in front of your face/Save me my fistful of tears

Why I love it: It's Maxwell. End of story. No, really. End of story.

Novel - Fuck with My Mind
You're just so beautiful it makes me cry/You always get your way girl, every time/It breaks my heart we had to say goodbye/I just can't let you fuck with my mind/My tears are bullets and my eyes are loaded guns/I never thought I'd be the one to run from love/I just can't lose when it all comes push to shove/I just can't let you fuck with my mind

Why I love it: It's basically a song about how this chick is mind-gaming him and how he loves her, but he's not falling for the bullshit. I know we've all been there before. I love his voice, too. He's not really a new artist; he had a sound out a few years ago about being able to eat a peach for hours (clearly we all know what he's referring to...lol). His voice fits the melody of the song and I just loves it.

RydazNRtists - Sorry Ass Apology
This is my sorry ass apology/I took your love for granted/So selfish, just doing me/Now I feel like uh oh/Now you feel like oh, oh oh/This is my sorry ass apology

Why I love it: The song is about how he knows he ain't shit for cheating and lying and being sloppy and shit. Even though they know they aren't shit, it's an apology for being a sorry sonofabitch...lol. Not that I condone cheating or anything, but I mean...hell, at least they're trying to apologize. If one of them were my man, would I accept it...maybe. Would I get back with him...nah, son. But the ideology of it is nice. And it's not even a forgive me and take me back joint. It's like, look...I know I fucked up big...here's my apology and if you accept it, okay...if not...I have to live with it because I fucked up. And really...how many men apologize for fucking shit up? Lol

Tracie Spencer - Tender Kisses (chorus and breakdown)
Tender kisses/Blown away/Tender kisses/Gone tomorrow, gone today/Tender kisses/Bye, baby/Bye, baby//I wonder if you ever loved me/Tell me, was I so blind that I could not see/Holding on to the memory/Of the way you used to kiss me/All I ever wanted was someone to call my own/I'll never know/You'll never know/We'll never know/All those tender kisses blown away/Bye baby bye

Why I love it: This isn't a NEW song by any stretch of the imagination, but it's new on my iPod, therefore it counts. It's basically a goodbye song. And who hasn't had to break up with someone before...lol

Wale ft. Lady Gaga - Chillin (chorus and breakdown)
Looking at/Looking at/Looking at me/Look at that/Look at how they're looking at me/Eyes all sticky like honey on bees/Look at that/Look at how they're looking at me//Get 'em all/Get 'em all/Pack it all up/Stack up your funds like a million bucks/Across the pond, they all know us/International, ohh/Driving my car to a foreign place/Looking at me/Now they know my face/We want it all now/We got it all, yup/Look at that/Look at how they're looking at us

Why I love it: It's a cocky ass song! Who doesn't love cocky shit?! Like, really...look at them looking at me. They can't keep their eyes off me. AND I'm international, so suck it! *pops collar*

Wale ft. Marsha Ambrosius (aka the Songstress from Floetry)
I wonder why I sit and cry/Wish I could shed all of these tears/I'm down and out/I'll keep it moving and trying to get out/I don't know to move on/Where I went wrong/Wish I could live with no fears/So down and out/I'll keep it moving and trying to get out/Somehow...

Why I love it: Wale is just a beast. The spoken word at the end of the song just hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I heard it. I never really paid attention to Wale before I saw this video, but it was one of those things that just made me stop and sit on the bed and really digest what he was talking about. He speaks the truth, which is kind of sad that this is the state of relationships (but that's another blog for another day...or maybe THIS day)

And those are my new songs on my iPod. My iPod makes me smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment