Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blog #27 - This Weekend's Festivities :)

So, I figured I'd discuss this weekend that just passed.

FRIDAY: So Friday night, I was supposed to go to the Yankee game, but due to George Steinbrenner's death on Monday, all the tickets were gone by Tuesday. Maybe it was a good thing, too, because I got to go to Dolce Lounge. Apparently, I was a smart ass with the bouncer, but according to the boys, that's not really anything new...lol. We headed to the back which is the Latin room on Friday nights and we all know Matt loves the mamis...lol. At the time, nothing was really jumping off back there, so we headed back up to the front to the hiphop room. 2nd round of drinks comes. We get the two stepping and ish started to get popping. They made me dance with some old drunk man that kept singing...it was kinda bad in a funny way, but I just two-stepped with him. Damn if I was grinding on some dude that looked like Mr. Moneybags broke cousin from Cuba. But we had SO much fun. And apparently I missed out on the highlight of the night, which was some HUGE chick falling on the floor. According to Jon, in order to get up "she didn't need momentum...she needed inertia". And he says I'M mean. Pffft. That shit took the cake. Then we headed to the Latin room and got our little salsa and bachata out of our systems. I dared Matt to dance with this other girl who was getting low for him (I think she was a friend of the girl that fell), but he quickly pulled the "you my girlfriend card" out on me and definitely pulled some shit out the bag. It would have been funny, though...lol. But on a scale of 1-10, I'll definitely give the night a 9. I have some wonderful blackmail pics of Matt because he passed out in the front seat, but I will refrain from being evil and posting them on facebook...lol.

SATURDAY: So, due to all of the excitement and fun shit that happened Friday night, and having to get up early as fuck on Sunday to head to River Vale that I wasn't doing shit on Saturday but recovering and being a bum ass. I succeeded for the most part. Mid-afternoon I got a text message from a guy I went to high school with (let's call him Edwin) asking me to go to a house party in South Brunswick or a patio party in Hillsboro with him. I said yeah, but was leery as hell about it. Here's why: based on who he hung out with in high school, we didn't run with the same type of crowd and I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a black people house party. NOW...before I continue, let me explain that there are vast differences with black people house parties vs. non-urbanized white people house parties. Black people house parties can never be held outside on a patio due to the copious amount of noise that would be radiating from someone's radio speakers (if there isn't a DJ present) so that everyone can get their dance/grind/seduction on. There will be red cups aplenty, sweat, no lights, dancing and probably some food. NOW...knowing this and knowing who Edwin hung out with in high school, I pretty much had it pegged that this wasn't going to be a black people house party and in my gut wanted to say no. But, I said yes. Why? Quite simply...it was something to do. And I should have listened to my damn gut, lemme tell you. So, he decided that we were going to the patio party in Hillsboro...I was hoping for the house party in SB, lemme tell you. I had a slight chance of running into someone I know. In Hillsboro, that wasn't happening at all. And you wanna know what the party was like? Just like I thought it was going to be, but with less people. You know shit is bad when the only other minority girl before you arrive is a Jewish girl. I had more fun getting dressed. I was alone for a majority of the night, playing on my phone because Edwin just like...abandoned the fuck out of me and left me by myself. What kinda bullshit is that. And on TOP of that, there was underage drinking going on and weed smoking going on and the cops showed up. I swear if I would have went to jail for any of that shit I never would have talked to him again ever in life. He would have been SO cut off and deleted. He's damn near cut off now for just leaving me alone like that, knowing I don't know anyone there and knowing I felt uncomfy. Ridiculous. And he's hoping I'm in the mood for a relationship sooner rather than later. Up out my face, boy.

SUNDAY: CHAPTER BBQ DAY!!! That's all I have to say. I love those bitches. We went to Nicki's house waaaaaaaaaaay up north. I'm talking like this bitch lives 20 blocks from the NY State Line. And not NYC state line...UPSTATE NY. DUMB FAR. But, we had an absolute blast. I got to see all of my kids, although not all 4 were there at one time, which really sucked...lol.

And THAT, was my weekend. Friday and Sunday definitely made up for Saturday's fuckery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment