Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blog #23 - BBQ, Fireworks & Boo-loving...lol

**shoots off fireworks**

Happy 4th of July, folks! I know I'm late...didn't ask you for facts and examples, damnit. So, let's talk about this weekend.

Saturday, my friends and I had a bbq in Johnson Park. I sent out a mass text and got a really surprising response back from someone. We had so much fun in the park and I must say...I looked great...lol. We tried to stay for the fireworks that were supposed to happen...but by 9:30 we were like eff it (and we got kicked out, but that's neither here nor there). Some of us went home and the rest of us went to what Mark and Donovan call "HappyLand", which is essentially nothing but a go-go bar. I convinced my girlfriend to go and the boys convinced Frank to go. On the way there, we saw fireworks on the river and they were actually really nice for the 2 minutes we could see them. Then we hit the highway and headed to HappyLand. Once at HappyLand, I gave out a few dollars. Mostly to this one chick because she was killing it on the pole and I don't support bullshit dancers. I know you not two-stepping like you're in the club and expecting me to give you my hard earned dollars. Fuck outta here, you bum bitch. I can two-step too. I gives my money to the girl working hard, doing tricks on the pole. I support hard workers. Then, I went home and for some reason, the lights were on in my house, which boggled my mind because it was after 2am. Anytime I come home after two, I know how to maneuver in the house, so seeing the lights off threw off my mental. I walked in the door to find my parents up with David and Violeta just laughing so hearty and shit...and there was MORE LIQUOR! So, I did what any good person would do...I stayed up and drank some more! :) Can't be rude to company, damnit. Around 4, I wound up going to bed.

Sunday, I woke up and there were pancakes! Woohoo! I loves pancakes and bacon. I ate and then...went back to sleep...lol. I got an invitation to go to Philly for fireworks and damn if I was gonna say no. But it was sooooooooooo hot outside!!! Holy smokes...it was really like a million degrees outside. I got to the train station in Trenton and there was this guy there and I tried to avoid him...I really did. Tried to duck that ass like the plague. I even got into a different train car from him. He found me and sat behind me. I had to lie and say I was going to see my boyfriend. Have you ever had anyone stare at you while you proceed to live your life? Yeah...that's what happened. Dude was peering at me as I ate my pizza, as I stared out the window, as I messed around with my iPod, while I reapplied my makeup...you name it, he was looking. Definitely had to play the boyfriend card. Creeper. Thankfully he got off the train before me otherwise, I woulda been in serious trouble.

Once in Philly and I met up with dude, we walked to the festival and walked around. The Roots were performing during the concert before the fireworks, which was awesome. He and I made our way to the back of the festival because, quite frankly, it was less crowded and we could talk more. We had really good conversation about a variety of topics. Because of him, I think I get that naturally seductive thing now and I think I know what the hell to stop doing, even though I don't know how because...it's just me, I guess. But at least he explained his ideology of it. We talked about relationships, the concert, food, life...mad stuff. When the convo wasn't flowing, it was nice to just sit in silence and enjoy the music and the breeze. We boo-loved through the fireworks, which was awesome. It was one of those things where you just enjoy the moment, live in the element and relish the memory. Then once, the 'works were over, I headed home.

And that...was my weekend. Pretty fantastic. Even though I've hit a rough patch right now, I have an awesome existence and awesome people in my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment