Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blog #29 - This Is Some Bullshit...

It really is. The cosmic forces of the Universe are laughing at me right now because they orchestrated this whole thing after I said I was giving up dating.

So, I went out last night with my friends to celebrate Rob and Ramon's birthdays. First of all, I felt all sorts of ugly because I was rushing and stuff, but anyways, that's neither here nor there. So, we headed to downtown NB because that's where they wanted to celebrate their birthdays. So me, Yari and Jon walk in and I saw my homie D.G. from high school and I went to say hi really quick, then went back and stood by Jon and Yari while two stepping. In the middle of two stepping, I was approached by this tall, good looking guy and the approach was everything I always talk about wanting. He came up, stuck out his hand for a handshake and said simply "Hi, how you doing tonight? My name is Jay and I was wondering if I could buy you a drink." I was so stunned that I just said yeah. After that, we sort of became a little inseparable. We moved off to the seats and just started talking about everything. He told me why he was divorced, we talked about his son, why I'm single, what it is I'm looking for, favorite animals...random things like that. I met his brother and his cousin (because that's who he came out with last night). He was funny and honest and all the stuff that a chick likes in a dude. While we were sitting, Jon and Yari came and sat all between us and he laughed it off because it was funny...and it really was. We were so tight and together that when the JCC boys finally made it, they thought he was my boyfriend and just welcomed him like it was nothing. They just introduced themselves to each other, shook hands and did all that stuff. It was awesome. You'd think this has a happy ending and stuff, right? Wrong. The only flaw of the night: he lives in Chicago. THE UNIVERSE HATES ME!!! It shows me the kind of dude that I've always wanted and throws the Chicago monkey wrench into my plans. BUT...I kinda have to thank the Universe for letting me know that I'm not crazy or have high expectations and the kind of guy that I would love to meet is out there. I'm still giving up on dating, though. But, it's nice to know that it exists, yanno? But...I like that guy :( Oh well...what am I supposed to do except move on. It is what it is and that's all that it is. I hope he has a safe flight back to Chicago on Thursday. I really did enjoy the experience of last night. I kinda wanna have it again. Is it possible to get something that awesome again in a different person? Who knows and I digress. It was very nice, though. I can't wait for Yari to post the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment