Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog #18 - The "Photo Shoot" :)

So, yesterday, I had a "photo shoot". Not a true ass photo shoot with clothing changes and makeup artist and hairstylists, though. It was really just me and my friend who's a photographer (let's call him Carlos...lol) that wanted to take a few pics of me. All in all, I had fun! I definitely think I want to do it again.

I had to go to a big city (let's call this city Newark...lol), which was nice. It was a GORGEOUS day yesterday!!! Like, absolutely perfect. It was like 73 degrees, the sun was shining and there was a light breeze. There couldn't have been a nicer day, actually. That was my perfect day...lol. So anyways. My friend picked me up and took me to this studio. Like a legit photo studio. I'd never been in one so I was just walking around, taking it all in, and absorbing everything while he did his little set-up thingie with the flashy umbrella thingies and the lights and all that jazz. I did break into dance and contemplated a cartwheel, but decided to use my better judgment on the cartwheel. But clearly, he picked the right person for goofballness...lol.

My pics were awesome. And I took a LOT. My theme was like being in a carnival photo booth, so I went through a whole range of emotions, funny faces and goofballness. Carlos said his favorite shots where the in-between shots where I was just randomly laughing or moving or doing something extra that wasn't planned, ie - moving my head, moving my hair out of my face, drinking my soda and things like that. I think I have about 4 absolute favorite pics. I don't know what I was doing for it to happen, but there's a pic with my hair moving and in front of my face with me doing some sort of a smirk. Another one of my favs was my "bedroom eyes" pic. I think that's my fav because it just came out of the blue and it shocked Carlos...he was actually like "whoa, bedroomn eyes" and kinda fell off the stool. That was awesome...lol. The next set of pics I can't disclose because...I'm not allowed (per my order) and because they're abstract and anonymous photos. But I WILL say that it's something that I've never done before. And that will be that.

Now, no day would be complete if I didn't see at least one particular frat brother...lol. My baby dad (let's call him Ricky)!!! And no, he's not my real baby dad. I actually don't know where or when we started calling each other that, but quever. It works. The poor boy was waiting forever (I'm sorry, Ricky...lol) because I had no idea when I was going to be done, but I did get to see him. He's funny. I <3 that dude. And apparently, when we overnight anywhere together, my boobs will always be his pillows, just because he's my baby dad and I'm his baby mom. Fuckery. I told him that people were gonna start talking shit and this fool said he didn't care. So yeah. And that's that...lol.

One surprising thing about this trip was an impromptu run-in with an old friend from back in the day. Let's call him Adam. When I arrived in Newark, I did my usual FB update and he sent me a message with his number because he lives 15 minutes away. Cool. Completely wasn't expecting that, but I did shoot him a text and surprisingly, he came out to meet me at the train station. It was really really good to see him. He's been through some things - I'm definitely not gonna put his business out there, because it's his business and I wouldn't do that - but he's definitely still the same person. He even looks the same since I saw him last in 1997 before he moved. We had a good time just playing catch-up and he extended the offer for me to hang out with him in Newark. I think I will take him up on that one day. Apparently he throws killer ass house parties. I offered my bartender services because...I'm just that good with it...lol. But I can't get too wild with it because "them fools gotta go home...they can't be passed out on my couch". iHollered.

And, that was my day yesterday. I'd probably give it an 8.75 out of 10. I could have used a drink or 2...lol. But all in all - a wonderful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment